Expert Session on Capital for Innovation,April 2016 Paris
April 21 the second Expert Session during the Bpifrance Taftie Chairmanship will take place:
Capital for Innovation
timeschedule 14:00 - 18:00 hrs
venue: Bpifrance, 6/8 Boulevard Haussmann (meeting room n° 4.31) Paris
|14:00 - 14:10 Introduction by Laure Reinhart|
|Presentation of participants through a roundtable|
|14:10 - 15:25 Mapping of seed capital funding solutions at the national level|
- How is the seed phase of companies financed in your country?
Public/private programs? Financing/ investment solutions?
- Have you identified any remaining 'funding gaps'and if so, which one?
- Is there any specific support to academic spin-offs in your country?
- Macro-economic analysis: which eceonomic sectors are supported?
- EU support for SMEs seed phase: your experience? Recommendations?
|15:25 - 16:40 Mapping of VC funding solutions at the national level|
- What are existing programs in your country? Public programs vs private.
- Which economic sectors are backed by VC funds?
- What about your VC schemes and support services for innovative SMEs?
- What are the main challenges? (e.g. equity gap, large ventures, cross
- EU support for SMEs early stage phase and VC funding: your experience?
|16:40 - 17:00 Tea / Coffee break|
|17:00 - 18:00 Unicorns & 'scaling up' of firms|
- Do you have programs to help SMEs become Mid-Caps?
- Challenges faced by companies to access big investment tickets?
What are the amounts at stake?
- Why are there so few European unicorns?
- EU support in this field: your experience? Your Recommendations?
Interested to join? Please follow this registration link.
Here you will find the travel sheet with all information on logistics