Senter has been operating as an agency of the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs since January 1st, 1994. Its agency formula enables it to adopt a maximum business-oriented approach in the public setting within which it operates.
The agency's task is to implement government policy in the areas of technology, energy, the environment, exports and international co-operation. The purpose of these activities is to make an enduring contribution to the position of our country's business sector and the universities and research institutes.
- A central role is played in the fulfilment of Senter's mission by the separation of policy and implementation as well as by quality. This is achieved by:
- The correct and efficient implementation of schemes and programmes
- An awareness of the requirements of business in order to be able to provide policy-makers with the right information
- The achievement and measurement of policy objectives
- A honest, independent and pro-active approach
- Establishing a multi-disciplinary team of experts and motivated staff
- Investing in talents, knowledge and networks and deploying them in the best way possible
- Operating on the basis of an international scope with a focus on the Netherlands
A sum of €1120m in commitment-based credits and subsidies in 2001.
Implementation of policy instruments: Senter implements policy instruments at the request of a range of national and European government bodies. Its services are available in relation to the development, design and implementation of policy instruments.
Intermediary: Senter has access to an extensive network of 'InnovatieCentra' (Innovation Centres (Syntens)), sector organisations, venture capital companies, technology institutes, utility companies and sister organisations throughout Europe.
Analysis: Senter has in-depth insight into the current status of technology in the Netherlands. This expertise can make an important policy contribution.
Consultancy: Senter provides independent advice and information to governments and applicants aimed at intensifying Dutch participation in European technology projects.
Senter operates branches in The Hague and Zwolle, which employed a total of 731 at year-end 2001.
tel. +31 70 - 373 53 06, fax +31 70 - 373 51 00
tel. +31 70 - 373 52 91, fax +31 70 - 373 51 00
Receptie/Algemeen: +31 70 - 373 50 00
Juliana van Stolberglaan 3
2509 AC Den Haag
Web site: www.senter.nl