TAFTIE Board meets in Brussel 2010
Innovation Agencies announce plans to shape an “Innovation Union” In Europe
· The first 2010 meeting of the Board of Directors of The European Network of Innovation Agencies took place in Brussels on 9th June, chaired by Dr. Arturo Azcorra the new Director General of CDTI, the Spanish Innovation Agency.
· There is an increasing awareness of the network during the first half of 2010, coinciding with the Spanish Presidency of the EU and, in particular the value of joining forces with other stakeholders to help create a new European agenda for innovation.
· The Board released a statement entitled “The evolving role of Business in an Innovation Union” in which it set out a new approach to enhancing co-operation between companies across Europe.
· Plans were announced for the Annual Conference/Biannual Summit that will take place in Alcala de Henares – Spain on the 2nd December
· The Danish Agency for Science, Technology and Innovation (DASTI) was welcome as new full member of network, bringing to 24 the number of participating National Innovation Agencies from 22 countries
Download the Press Release: June Board Press_Release.doc