PtJ - Germany
With expertise in research and innovation management, Project Management Jülich supports its clients in the German federal government and state governments as well as the European Commission in implementing their research policy goals with a focus on project funding. The agency thus constitutes an important interface between its partners – striving for a strong German research and innovation landscape within a joint European Research Area.
Founded in 1974, Project Management Jülich today covers a broad range of topics. It combines scientific and structural expertise with administrative competence.
A service provider for research and innovation management, Project Management Jülich supports its public-sector clients with a range of services including innovation and technology analyses, the development and management of funding programs for research and innovation, as well as with specialized and scientific communication.
As a largely independent organisational unit of Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH, which is one of the largest scientific research centres in Europe with over 5,000 employees, Project Management Jülich benefits from a progressive scientific environment and access to excellent infrastructure facilities. Apart from Jülich, it has branches in Berlin, Rostock and Bonn.
In 2004, Project Management Jülich introduced a quality management system and in 2005 this quality assurance measure was certified according to the DIN EN ISO 9001 standard.
- Analysis of scientific and technological trends
- Moderation and development of innovation strategies
- Development of funding concepts and guidelines
- Implementation of funding programmes
- Coordination of European and international funding initiatives
- Control of review and evaluation processes
- Evaluation of funding programmes
- Advice on national and European research funding
- Research communication and event management
- Life Sciences
- Materials Technologies
- Sustainability, Climate Protection
- Marine Research, Geo Sciences, Ship an Marine Technology
- Regional Technology Platforms / Clusters
- Technology Transfer and Business Start-Ups
The total funding volume of PtJ amounts to 1.242 bn € (2012).
710 employees (2012)
Phone: +49 (0)2461 61 6243
Fax: +49 (0)2461 61 5837
Tel.: 02461 61-6243
Fax: 02461 61-5837